Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

From the English Co-ed Frat's Website

A few of my friends from the English Department have tried to get me to join Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honors Frat on campus. I've never felt the need, but after reading this quote on their new website I have to admit I was intrigued for about 5 seconds. I almost joined, I had a mild inclination due to this quote for about 6 seconds:
"I read," I say. "I study and read. I bet I've read everything you read. Don't think I haven't. I consume libraries. I wear out spines and ROM-drives. I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it." My instincts concerning syntax and mechanics are better than your own, I can tell, with all due respect. But it transcends the mechanics. I'm not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you'd let me, talk and talk.--David Foster Wallace, "Infinite Jest"

http://www.colorado.edu/studentgroups/sigtau/

This probably just resonates with me because I'm going crazy reading am intense amount of theory of gender, theory of autobiography, theory of the flesh, and of course, on myth because that is what my thesis is centered around. Yes, wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.