Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Trashy is the new Classy!

I just think that this idea and these purses are SO amazing! A nonprofit organization and some amazingly creative Mexicans are using "[e]mpty candy wrappers, potato chip bags and cookie packages that once littered roads and filled Mexican dumps [to make] fashion statements in New York, Los Angeles and Tokyo," says this interesting article by Lisa J. Adams for the Courier News Online.com.*

Some of the purses and accessories below are going for $200 a pop! Check out the website HERE to see what I'm talking about!

Interesting idea, right? Purses made out of un-recyclables! I say, AMAZING! And I want one for Christmas!


Current book: "Women in Love" is clearly one of D.H. Lawrence's best. I'm overjoyed I randomly picked it up and have been reading it by the pool alllll weekend. Relaxing AND intellectualizing!!

*Click HEREto see where the above quote came from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.