Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Hello there, life, how are you?

So, this young woman that refuses to update the world on her life has now cracked and decided to join all her good friends back in blog-land. Hello there. So I work a lot now. Those 40 hour weeks are a strange change for a once-crazy drinking until hazy college life live-er upper like I was. I seriously feel like I'm 25. It's not a bad thing. It is actually quite fabulous. (See www.solifesinsane.blogspot.com for the only true user of that word)
So I teach. And I got promoted to lead teacher within less than a month of working there. My plan is to be regional manager in the next year at this rate. (Sarcasm).
My children make me so happy every day. When I leave work I feel great, fulfilled and wonderful. I feel like I did something good every day. Which I did. I wrangled up 15 three year olds and taught them about "Imagination" as I did today.
Actually, this unit I'm doing with the kids is really fun, and it is about imagination and expanding it. The highlighted book we're reading and basing most of our activities around is the timeless classic "Where the Wild Things Are" By Maurice Sendak. I made a jungle for the kids out of long sheets of white paper (that they painted brown for me to make bark) and cut out leaves in the corner of our classroom. They loved it. They especially loved when I was tacking up the trunk on one of the trees and the top part of it fell on me. Ah, the wonders of the threes.
I could go on and on, but I really should be making dinner.

And there is a meagre snippet into the life of Mercedes. I hope you enjoy it. And I of course apologize for the sarcasm.

Oh, and aren't the holidays great for bringing the ones you love together? I can't imagine my life without my family, and I'm so glad that I had the chance to whisk away for a short holiday in Colorado. No snow, or cold, sadly.
Today a mom said to me "It's 70 degrees all this week, don't you love it," and I of course said "Oh yes!" and she said "I guess that's why we live in Texas." I stopped, and thought, wow, I've never thought of it that way. People move south for the warmth. But aren't winters SUPPOSED to be cold? I thought so. I like both. I like moving. Where's next, I don't know, but the next move will probably be after a year. Exciting to think about, exciting to plan, definitely. Any suggestions.

Love.
Current book(s) I'm reading: Truman Capote's short stories, Winterson's "Lighthousekeeping," and Proulx's "Shipping News"
Latest Movie I saw that you need to see, too: Brokeback Mountain...wow. Email me for a rant about how amazing and beautiful and life-changing that film truly was, is, and will be.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:06 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    WOW... CAN IT BE TRUE??!!?!? MERCEDES ORTEN POSTED!!! SWEET... annyway glad to have you back in blog land.. I havent kept up my blog either.. everyone stopped reading and commenting on it so I stopped writing too.. Isn't that great? Not really. Nice talking to you today! Love!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger J said…

    mercedes! you have posted again! you're back! (sort of) amazing!

     
  • At 12:00 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger J said…

    ahhhh! and once again you've dissapeared!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.