Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

SO MY GRANDPA SAW ME WITH NO PANTS ON TODAY...

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN OLD POST! It is a post that I never published before leaving Colorado. The morning I wrote this, over a month ago, was great. A hilariously awkward thing happened to me. My grandpa stopped by my parent's house, where I WAS staying and I had just woken up. Oftentimes, I sleep with no pants on. And that morning was one of those times. My grandpa politely and gentlemanly pretended not to have seen anything after I had my pants on and he proceeded to have a great conversation, a cup of tea with me, and cucumber sandwiches. Yes, cucumber sandwiches. I made them. He's Italian, I know it's weird. But we made wine a few weeks later. I'll post pictures.

So...
I think I might be running myself off the wall. This past weekend, though I gave myself a break from all the packing, organizing, stressing, worrying, etc. I hiked up mount Evans and got a new view on the world and how small I really am in it. The previous day I hiked up South Boulder Peak and looked down at Boulder to the east and saw the compact buildings of Pearl Street and the University. I smiled. I looked off the other side of the Peak towards the Indian Peaks and Long's and I realized that Boulder was a good place for a while. But I'm ready to scat on out of here. I thought about change for a long time, and how I'm ready for it. Change really is something that is looming inside of me right now, and I have to check myself sometimes so that I don't think about it too much. When I do, the stress comes pouring on again. I'm back at it. The stressing that is. I feel like there is no possible way to update everyone on the goings on of the past few weeks. I think that this is supposed to be a good thing in some people's points of view, but it is hard not to be able to talk to very many people above life. So, knowing this, and knowing me, try to call me next week when I get back from my short jaunt of a trip to Steamboat Springs. Anybody know of any good hikes up there in Steamboat? I plan on going to Strawberry Fields hot springs (NAKED) because that will be a blast or relaxing fun. Also tubing down the river over there will be great.

Newsflash for me: I just sent over 70% of my wardrobe away to the place that I am going. That is scary. It adds permanence and reality to my move. Yes, for all of you that I have neglected to tell because I'm so worried about reactions: I'm moving.

Current book I'm reading: Don't remember. Probably Tale of Two Cities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.