Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

How it feels to be "Homeless..."

It actually feels great to be "homeless" and out of Boulder. That's what my mom calls me, "homeless." I just feel so liberated. Like finally I can do whatever I want, when I want, and why I want, and how I want. All these options have suddenly opened up and there is nothing standing in my way.
And I am so excited to begin roaming around the country again, the month hiatus from travel has did me in. I know I'm spoiled in that I have a flexible, somewhat well paying job and people to visit across the US. I feel guilty sometimes for having such advantages. But, I figure this is one of the few times in my life where this kind of roaming is acceptable, and I'm going to take full advantage of it. I'm going to continue to spoil myself, thank you very much!! I'm off to Austin tomorrow morning after my overnight at work to visit a good friend. And I get to meet up with Claire, who is down south right now visiting her parents! So it is going to be a double whammy of a trip! I will hopefully be able to write about it, too!!
Then, when I return I will probably go up to Vail to stay in my cousin's empty apartment. After that trip en las montanas, I hope to go to to LA and SLO, CA. I'm ecstatic about SLO, because I get to be with and visit with my cousin, Maria. She's an amazing statistician and goes to Cal Poly. I love her. We have been lifelong friends, since her birth basically. So that is going to be a very fulfilling "find yourself when you're somewhere else" trip. I just know it. Perhaps Austin will be that same kind of trip. To top of the excitement, too!! Is upon my return my friend Mac will be back in Colorado from Alaska! He's going to be studying to become a park ranger. I really adore him. Right now he is traveling south through Canada in a red and white VW bus, he should be back to Colorado by Saturday. So that's all for now, and the party, well, you're going to have to reference Jessie's fantasically lucky blog for that. I'm relying on her for the synopsis for the time being. Cheers!

Much love, as always.

Current book I'm reading:The Alchemist, given to me to read by Wynne.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:23 AM, August 19, 2005, Blogger J said…

    Mercedes that is so great that your traveling... the ultimate! Maybe you should add a NY leg to your travels...
    So now that your out of your house, where are are you living for the short times your back in boulder?

     
  • At 10:29 AM, August 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI SUGAR!
    I totally want to hear how your trip was. You must come out tomorrow night!!!! It will be my last big hurrah before the big (hurrah) move.
    However, stupid me has lost your cell phone number because I lost my phone charge, so the phone is dead and all the numbers with it.
    Email it to me
    love you tons
    emma rose

     
  • At 5:01 PM, August 27, 2005, Blogger Jessie K. said…

    glad you are back in town! i missed you lots! hope to see you again soon!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    Sometimes i feel homeless as well... I meant to comment on this long ago... I am making this basement where I'm living a little more mine instead of all my brothers which is hard since he lived down here for a long time before he moved out annnnd he still calls it his. I dont really like living with the rents though but we will all get through this state of our lives. Lots of hugs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.