Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Friday, July 22, 2005

"Oh, no, no, no, don't phunk with my heart!"*

Sarah's 21st Birthday!
Wynne and I a few months ago

The Black Eyed Peas said it best, and so did my friend Wynne at the precise moment so that the anger dug into my skin and grabbed at my heart. This song was playing in the background as Wynne and I talked voraciously about life, fear, moving, men, and women. After the talk I realized that recently my hard work towards simplifying my life has begun to set in, and I hope that I continue on this vein of simplicity as the summer melts into fall. I hope the anger I feel will fade and I will be able to fully concentrate on what I need to. I know what I want now, and I feel like perhaps I should change the introduction to this blog that talks about the "helpless yet controlled feeling" of life. Now, life just feels in my control. Cognizant and aware, I am moving around in the world, and surprisingly, my body, my mind, and my newfound obsession with simplicity are making me feel more ready than I thought I would be for change. I'm ready to move, I'm ready to try a new job(s), I'm ready to take those two (count 'em 1 ...(and 2) tests. I can lament about how long it took me to prepare mentally for them later, for now, I'm going to take advantage of this mind-set, buckle down, and concentrate.

My old mentor, and favorite Women's Studies professor, Anne Marie Pois, would be proud. Actually, I'm going out to dinner with my retired professor/friend soon, so that is exciting. I can tell her how life is and she can be proud indefinitely!!

So, as Wynne and the Black Eyed Peas would agree, phunking with (her's or) my heart, my mind, my body at this time of high motivation and simplicity would definitely be a bad idea. Disastrous, even.

Usar cuidado, por favor.

Current book I'm reading: Mainly "Love in the Time of Cholera"

*Black Eyed Peas song that was playing yesterday evening when Wynne and I were out dancing our booties off.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:32 AM, July 22, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    I've heard that song a lot lately in the car and all that. Feeling it as well. I'm glad that you got to hang out with Wynne and talk and shake your groove thing. We're getting to that point that we need to know what we want.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.