Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Monday, July 11, 2005

Taking Risks: "Lightning Never Strikes Twice in the Same Place"* (War of the Worlds Preview)

This post is intended to be vague and cryptic for both explainable and unexplainable reasons. I like it this way, though! Yes to crypticness! But I want to discuss something that has been on my mind lately. And that something is the concept of risk versus reward. Now, I have been told that I am an adventurous person, who is willing to risk her life for a thrill, however I don't know if that truly has ever been the case. This past weekend, though, I feel that I took a big risk and gained immeasurable reward from it. And in this cryptic post, I hope to encourage all to take random, questionable, scary, pre-mature risks, because life needs the unexpectedness. Life needs the randomness to add spice to it. Risks are like hot-sauce, if you don't try them out once and a while, you get burned by their poignancy.

Needless to say, I had a spicy weekend, and I can thank only risk for that spice. Delicious!


Current book I'm reading: "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel García Márquez (con dos accentos)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:34 AM, July 12, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    Spicy eh? ohhhhhhh... I like hot-sauce and spicy weekends. I'm so glad that you had fun too! Risks are good too. DID YOU SEE I RODE MY BIKE TO WORK! Does that count as a risk since I hadn't biked to John's yet? Love ya sistah!

    Carrie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.