Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Monday, July 25, 2005

Reformatting the TEMPLATE!

As you might notice, on the right hand side of my website there now are pictures along with people's blog names. My inspiration, my idol of blogging and website design, Mr. Jeffrey Donenfeld has done something similar with his friend's blogs and pictures. I found it very inspiring so I am showering him with the highest form of flattery - replication. If anyone has any suggestions while I try to master the code, the look of the friend blog part of the site, or anything else for that matter, please let me know! This is a new, interesting venture for me!

Also, if you severely or even mildly dislike my choice of photo for you, my lovely reader, please feel free to provide another one, any size, shape, etc via email! Thanks!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:58 PM, July 25, 2005, Blogger J said…

    ah, mercedes!!!! thanks for the mention.. i'm glad you are updating the template of your blog..
    one other cool little tidbit that i'd be glad to help you out with.. the banner picture at the top of your page.. if you notice my page, and reload it a few times, it changes every time you load it. theres a random number generator paired with an image tag or two to select a random banner every time.. its fun and exciting! Good talking to you the other day... you'll get throug all of it, we both will!!!!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    Nice! I'm glad you are mastering the code.. cause then you can teach me too ;) love all the pictures... NRRT's pic is awesome lol and I love my crazy HAT. Love ya.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, July 26, 2005, Blogger J said…

    Mercedes! Yo, get your damn email address off of there! If you type out your email address on your web page, it will be added to spam lists. web "spiders", automated web surfing programs routinely crawl the web and look for standard formatted email addresses, which they then add to spam lists. They look for things like you@domain.com etc... and they even look for things like you (at) domain (dot) com

    the safest thing to do to post an email address is to make it into an image file and post the image file inline with the text.
    like this!

    http://ilikelasagna.com/images/email.gif

    amazing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.