Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Locks of Love (Lucky Love!)

SURPRISE!!! Mercedes did something random!! I was not even planning on cutting my hair yesterday and I pulled quick one and did it yesterday afternoon with my mom.

(Keisha was mad I didn't tell her I was doing it beforehand)
(Others have responded quite positively! YAY!)

CHOP,
CHOP,
CHOP
and it was GONE like the breeze!

I cut off 10 inches of my hair in order to donate my ponytail to an organization called Locks of Love. Check them out at www.locksoflove.org ! They are a great not-for-profit organization. And think about donating! It is just hair! And if you have it, why not give it to someone who needs it more than you do? Cutting if off was such a liberating experience. To get rid of all that excess hair that I don't need was so nice! I went swimming shortly after I cut it and it was so convenient and great. Long hair is such a bore! It is time for the re-vamped Mercedes to come on out. (She's coming, thank goodness!)
I will try to get pictures posted soon so you guys can see before/after pictures of my hair "boring Boulder long" and my hair "funky fresh."

Current book I'm reading: Alchemist.
current song stuck in my head: Badly Drawn Boy's entire first CD
Current Posts in the works: "You Know You've Lived Somewhere Too Long When..." And "The Big Austin Post!"

2 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, September 01, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    It looks great... everyone needs to see it though so yo can borrow my camera and upload a pic from there if you want to. Lovely to see you "funky fresh" and all that jazz!

     
  • At 11:39 PM, September 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YOUR CRAZY! I LOVE YOU. GUESS WHERE I AM? IN westcliffe. check my journal for details of the shit that is called my luck.
    love ya!
    emms

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.