Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Ask yourself the question, where do you see yourself in five years? This was one of my interview questions that I had today. I said grad school, but maybe I was thinking too practically..."maybe THIS is where I'll be!" It is all up me! Isn't that exciting!? Read that article, it is really interesting.

Another interesting development...I had a great interview today! Me versus two women and they think I won! Suddenly, this week, finally, "they" have started to notice me! The interview that I had today went so well, and I'm so happy about the position because I'm going to get to work with those chilluns!* Also, I have been offered a position as a board member at Heart House, a free afterschool program for troubled teens, I have been offered a position at a school working at a substitute or a "classroom floater", and I have an interview tomorrow morning for a preschool teacher position that is looking more promising by the minute! I'm also going to be volunteering with the sexual assault hotline here in Texas. I'm so excited.

Other news:
Maybe when I'm feeling more successful I'll be less phone shy and I will call all of you people that I missing like crazy down here!
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO VISIT ME?!
Oh yes, and I'm coming home for Thanksgiving, so I'll get to see you all very soon. Yeehaw for family and friends!

KEY:
*Chilluns is my version of the world "children".

Current book I'm reading: "Beloved" by Toni Morrison
Final thought: I'm so happy it is almost sickening.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    awesome!!! I'm so happy things are going so well out there. So in responce, jessie and troy were the girls from the B52s so they were the hotness... as for me I was my own little hula dancer.... The fort was awesome, you would have loved being up there, we had so much fun... llllastly, miss you so much aaannndd cant wait to either visit you or have you back here visiting us. PS STOP BEING PHONE SHY YA BABY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.