Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Monday, November 06, 2006

Lance takes Manhattan - NYC MARATHON!

NEW YORK CITY MARATHON

"Lance takes Manhattan

In seven Tours de France wins, 'nothing was as hard as that.'" "Calling it the "hardest physical thing'' he's ever done, cycling champion Lance Armstrong pounded pavement for 26.2 miles to complete the New York City Marathon on Sunday, reaching his goal of finishing in under three hours with only seconds to spare."*

So Lance admits that the marathon was the hardest thing he's ever done. How refreshing. Now I'm really scared.

*Here is the Statesman.com article I got the above quote and headline from: "Lance Takes Manhattan"

My personal goal for my marathon next year is to come in an hour or so later than Lance did. Lance came in just a bit shy of 3 hours. I plan on coming in at or above 4 hours. We'll see on Feburary 18, 2007!

Current book I'm reading: Emma by Jane Austen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.