Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I exist! I listen! I'm here! A blog on my excellent taste in MUSIC!

I exist, therefore I can quote Radiohead lyrics.

"She's running out again
She's running out
She runs runs runs" ~Creep


So music wise, I am finally listening to different stuff again. I got into this funk where all I was listening to was folk and live. I know, sick, boring. Anyway, so I'm into Radiohead again. Nothing really new there. And that Yorke guy, he's awesome. His songs and his work is enchanting. It sticks in your head like glue to clean white beautiful paper. I know, good analogy.

I know that they are old news, and all the hype for their album "Plans" is sort of overwith, but sadly for me I just found out about Death Cab for Cutie. It was a quick fall into love with them, because their sound is hauntingly sorrowful and original and passionate. All things I hope I am. Awesome sound. Buy their stuff.

The wild, amazing feature of my music tastes of late is the son-of-a-Beatle, Sean Lennon. He is incredibly talented, incredibly intelligent. How can I not like Sean, I mean, John was my favorite Beatle by far. How can you say no to John's creativity, originality, powerful lyrics, and voice? You just can't. So Sean is John and Yoko's son. Wonderful resemblance, and a beautiful voice on Sean. I must say, I went out and bought his album immediately after hearing of it, and Sean, on NPR - that is national public radio! Yes for the public radio!

Check out Sean - there are three songs posted on npr.org and ONE AWESOME vid! Click that. Yes, give Sean a chance! or here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6189537

I would also recommend listening to the interview he gave to NPR, it made me cry when he was talking about his dad and hearing the end of the song about him, "Beautiful Boy" on the radio when he was having a rough day. Seriously, NPR rocks. NPR is good! Stay informed!


Please, at least, give Sean a chance! And peace, too, while you're at it. Good job getting that into society's heads, John Lennon. We all know we could use that sort of ideology of "Give Peace a Chance" right now in North Korea, Baghdad, and Iran...and...and...damn you W!

All we are saying, is give peace a chance. And maybe some diplomacy for once! Come on, duba-eww, don't screw up North Korea, too!

Current book I'm reading: Emma by Jane Austen still.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.