Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Monday, December 31, 2007

Tale of Two Races

So today I spent almost $200 registering for races. This running habit can sneak up on you sometimes!

I will be running a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) on January 27th. This is just to be a training run, really. It will be hard for me to look at it that way but I am going to try.

And then, after that 1/2 marathon it is tapering time for the race that I have been planning to rock for the past year, the AT&T Austin Marathon on February 17, 2008.

I am getting both nervous and excited for both of these races, especially the full marathon. I know that I am faster this year. I know that I am stronger and have a more significant mileage base than I had last year. My endurance base is much deeper. I am mentally tougher. These are facts. The only uncertainty is how that day will progress. I know that I have a lot of control over that by staying calm, positive, healthy, and well-rested. Sometimes it is hard to stay focused on these things, though. And this is why I'm writing this blog. I need help! I know it may seem like this is an old hat to me and I've got it all figured out, but in reality I am just a beginner wanting to run with the big dogs. Along with that vein of imagery, right now I'm just a baby boxer--a puppy trying to keep up. And I think that I have the strength of body and mind to do so.

A few weeks ago my mom told me that I was the strongest person she knew. Obviously she is biased, but I hope that February 17, 2008 I can prove her right. I hope that everything falls into place for my goal to qualify for the Boston Marathon in April 2009. To do that, I must run a 3 hour and 40 minute marathon or faster. I am hoping that my performance will be seamless, but only time will tell. I hope, I hope, I hope. If you all can hope for me, be thinking about me and in some of your cases praying for me I would greatly appreciate it. I need all the help I can get, you know, being a puppy and all. Maybe by the time I run Boston in April 2009 I'll be full grown.

Cheers to the new year full of surprises and hopefully Boston Qualifiers!

Love, peace and happiness. And HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Current book I'm reading: Too many

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.