Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Wild nights, stressful days...

So I decided to reward myself last night. I was very proud to have completed almost 25 pages of my thesis in 5 days, and so as a break in the tedious work, I decided to go out at around 10. I visited Chad, aka the Frog at Radio 1190 and listened to some ultra cool grooves like some remixed Bebel Gilberto (my favorite!!). As I was leaving radio 1190, contemplating what I was going to write further on my thesis after the short break at 1190, I was bombarded by the likes of Carrie and Erik Christensen, who pulled up to the UMC and said "we're ready to go, Mercedes!" so I made a quick decision and hopped into the car with them. At that point, I got a lot of gruff from Erik for not calling him, not hanging out, etc...but I explained to him my situation with the thesis and that seemed to appease him. I explained how the only thing that has been in my head lately is feminist theory and the theory of the flesh. Well, and that opened another whole can of worms...had to "flesh" out a lot of theory for Erik on the spot. I think he enjoyed the explanation I gave, especially the part about vaginas...
Anyway, so we headed to the RedFish, my favorite bar in Boulder, and we danced the night away. Really shakin' it. It was GREAT! (If I learn how to post pictures, and I will someday, then you could see...) By 2, I wasn't ready to call it a night, so I suggested Jimmy John's and we headed over there. Good subs, I had the #9 a la the wonderful suggestion of some nice young buck that I know. (He recommended it, and it is good, seriously).
And then! The night was over. I passed out soon after 4 AM. Lovely.
Woke up the next morning, got ready to go to class.
Class, and then some meetings. I'm on the WMST advisory board, and we're apparently planning graduation. Yes, the flowers, the invitations (any suggestions?!), the food, the whole bit. Our plan was to have an all-female mariachi band play, since the WMST graduation is on Cinco de Mayo. Unfortunately, though we couldn't find a band that had solely females. A compromise was created, though! The band we found had 3 guys and 4 women...my justification for choosing them: "If the women dominate the men, then that's just fine!" check them out: http://www.mariachivasquez.com/ the "meet the group" page is especially hilarious and great!!!
So yes, after the meeting I headed home to be greeted with a Pita from Pita Pit (thanks Carrie!) and a couple phonecalls from some close friends.
Ok, now its off to Kinkos, then to Sara Bosik's to drop off 45 pages for her to proof (yesss! Thanks goodness for friends like SARA!!), a book I borrowed from her and a few other things...
Much love, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.