Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Friday, April 10, 2009

Pre Inspires Me


"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him,' and I just took off." ~Steve Prefontaine

I say that a lot. Inside my head. When I'm racing. It might be obvious that I have a competitive drive. A friend of mine deemed me the most competitive person he knows, but I like to believe he was being facetious. Anyway, I'm excited to train this weekend and do my first solo long run in months tomorrow morning. I plan to do a easy 8 or 9 on Lady Bird Lake. Out to Enfield and back.

And Sunday, its waking up at 7 in the morning to head to my friend's house on Wells Branch. We're doing an out and back on Parmer. Hopefully we'll be early enough that there will not be much holiday related traffic or bad weather. About 6 or 7 people from the RIDE RADAR Newsletter that I send out are going to be very disappointed if the weather doesn't hold up. Currently it's going to be 76 degrees with T-storms 70% chance of precipitation. I guess I'll be wearing my rain slick!

In other news, I need to take some digital photos this weekend of me running in my Austin Fit running gear for the website. I am coaching the summer session again, and I'm really excited. The director of the program requested that I write a running biography and submit a running photo sometime next week. Fortunately I already have the bio written, now I just need to focus on the glam shots. If the photos turn out favorably, perhaps I'll post some of them on here soon.

In any case, wish me luck on yet another successful training weekend! When it's raining on me Sunday morning, I'm just going to say "Pre would have rode (or ran) in the rain!"!!!

Current book I'm reading: The Dogs of Babel and the short story Breakfast at Tiffany's
Races in the immediate future: April 25th Gov-nah's Texas Round-Up 10K. I'm hoping to break 45! :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.