Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Monday, January 29, 2007

21 days to go and counting...

Twenty one days until the marathon on February 18, 2007!

And I ran 22 miles this weekend with the help of my running group, AustinFit. I love Austin because by the end of the 3hours and 58 minutes of running 22 miles, the sun was shining warm and my body was humming. There is no place I would rather be right now. After running, I protein-loaded with my running group at Freebirds Burritos and then I took a nice, freezing cold healing dip in Barton Springs Pool. There was no one at the pool, and it was 70 degrees outside!

So, today, with 21 days until the marathon, I have begun thinking about my next endeavor. This one is going to take a lot more dedication and a lot more work. Just as I've always wanted to do a marathon, I've also always wanted to do a triathalon.

My friend at work suggested and prodded me just a teeny tiny bit and wants me to try to compete in this one: http://www.captextri.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=12

So, I'm thinking about it. I'd have to buy a nice bike though, and those are like thousands of dollars and I don't know a thing about them! So this will take quite a bit more thought than the marathon goal. As far as that one goes, after 22 miles, I feel like I'm almost there. In fact, I'm only 3.2 miles and 21 days away from there!

Current book I'm reading: Allen Ginsberg's Journals

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.