Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Austin American-Statesman Capital 10,000 10K Race

Liz and Mercedes Cap10K 2007
Liz and Mercedes in VIP Tent --- Photo courtesy of the photojournalist Gabby R.

I ran 6.2 miles in 47:59. Liz came in shortly after me, beating her goal time by 5 minutes!! We ripped apart that course. Both of us were glad we ran most of it the Friday before the race. The hills on the first 5K of the race were pretty intense, but fortunately my marathon training came in handy on those.

It was great to have the support at the race; it means a lot of me to have people I care about there and part of the racing experience. It makes it so much more meaningful, powerful, and worthwhile. I'm so glad I did this 10K, and I'm really surprised I ripped apart my previous PR of 52:00 from November 2006. I'm getting faster by the month!! Boston, here I come!!

Current book I'm reading: Runner's World

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.