Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Monday, April 09, 2007

Shopping around for a Back-packing Tent and Camping Destinations

This is the tent I'm contemplating...The REI TENT

It is a good deal right now at REI. I am thinking that I probably need to plan some trips before I buy it though, so that I know for sure that I will use it.

I've been wanting to go camp on the beach along the Texas coast for a long time. I feel like the trip there will inspire me. The ocean is inspiring. The main place I'm interested in visiting is Port Aransas, TX and it's only 2 hours from Austin.

I'd also like to go back to Enchanted Rock near Fredricksberg, TX. They have some really easy and fun backpacking trails there.

Another place I feel drawn to is Big Bend National Park. This place, I have heard, changes people. It is probably one of the more beautiful parks in Texas, too -- so it would be worth visiting. The only downside is that it is 8-9 hours away by car, so it makes it very difficult to accomplish that trip in a weekend.

And I'm not even going discuss the travel I want to do outside of Texas. Thinking about that just overwhelms me with wanderlust. That list is for another blog. Another day...

Current book I'm reading: "Me Talk Pretty One Day" By David Sedaris

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.