Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thank You, Bart Yasso.


Celeb Runners Bill Rodgers and Bart Yasso
Originally uploaded by Familie Schmitt.

Bart Yasso has said "Never limit where running can take you" and I couldn't agree more. After doing 8x800 of his special 800m repeat last night, known in running land as simply the Yasso, I can't thank him enough for his contributions to the running world. Never have I felt stronger than I did after those 800 meter repeats on the track. I built up to 8 from just 2 at the beginning of my marathon training season with my small group of running buddies. This 8x800 workout is the last hard "special" workout that I have planned before the San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll Marathon on November 16, 2008. Hopefully, with many thanks to Bart Yasso and his great Yasso workouts, I will set a personal record and walk away feeling amazing after this next marathon. The last big long run I need to do with my running group is this Saturday. We will be running a nice, crisp, 21 miler on the Austin Marathon course, complete with 6 water stops that I am currently planning for this Saturday. It should be an incredible experience. 21 milers often are so incredible. I'm glad I'll be running it with some of my closest friends in Austin. Wish me luck! And if you see Bart Yasso, tell him thanks for me...he made my legs TIRED today!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, October 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just did a 21.5 mile training run this past weekend as I get ready for the New York City Marathon in 2 weeks. I agree the distance is quite incredible and it was a great run.

    I'm signed up for the Austin Marathon in Feb and really looking forward to it.

    Good luck in San Antonio!

     
  • At 8:18 PM, October 21, 2008, Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said…

    Good Luck in San Antonio--just found you on Twitter!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.