Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Friday, May 08, 2009

Me? A future Ironman... AND a Rookie? Yes sir-ee!


This Sunday I will be competing in Jack and Adam's Rookie Triathlon!

http://www.therookietri.com/

And I have been pondering the question, after 4 or 5 triathlons and duathalons, am I still a Rookie?

When do you go from Newbie (or my preferred spelling Noobie) to Rookie to Amateur to Experienced to Age Grouper to Pro? Where am I in the grand scheme of things in the triathlon world? After about about 5 minutes of pondering, I'm going to say that yes, I'm probably still a Rookie.

As a Rookie though you are always learning. As a Rookie you are always improving. As a Rookie you are always asking the right (perhaps crazy) questions and finding answers. How could that be bad? Heck, I'm a Rookie Future Ironman, and honestly I'm so excited about that. Rookie-Future-Ironman. Could that be the new name of my blog? No, I don't think it's catchy enough.

The Rookie Tri this weekend is just a little dip in the water, about 300 meters, then the bike is 11.1 mile over flat terrain and I've heard a few and rolling hills. The run will be fast, so I've heard -- it is flat and short. I will have it in my head that I'm doing a 5K and I'll actually be doing 2 mi. I'm gunna kill it on the run. I am totally stoked. I'll report how I do on Monday!

Oh and I want to mention how cool it is that the slowest swim time will WIN a free swim clinic courtesy of T3. That's neat.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Current book I'm reading: The Wednesday Letters and Superwomen by Jodi Buren

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, May 08, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha, 10-years of triathlon this year, and I'm doing the Rookie too.

    You are in the wave after me, I can ensure you that this time they'll be no passing me on the run, theres a bike between the swim and the run!

    Good luck, see you Sunday! You are never too experienced to be a Rookie, theres always a first time for everything!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.