Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Don't count the days, make the days count.

Training is supposed to be fun, right. Not a chore that you don't look forward to. Not something you deliberately sleep through.

I am working on finding the dedication to get back into my swim workouts at Barton Springs. I am working on finding the drive to hop back on Fizgig and ride her until the cows come home. I am searching for the soul of my running game.

It's a long, arduous search. It is hard to regain that dedication once you've lost it. Drive is all within you. I will keep trying to find these things and put the kick back into my workouts, but I'm honestly having a hard time. I keep skipping the swims. I do the bare minimum when it comes to runs. With cycling, I've been OK. Not great, but OK. I need to remember to have compassion for myself along the way as I find the will to succeed in my training.

Nobody said this was going to be easy. It's a good thing I don't like easy.

Current book I'm reading: My Children's Book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.