Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

"Flash"

I'm reading Palaniuk right now over all of the things I should be doing and reading, and it feels great. He is an amazingly creative intellectual. I can't believe I've neglected pop literature for so long! Goodbye Virginia, hello CHUCK!

"Him yelling, Give me lust, baby.

Flash.

Give me malice.

Flash.

Give me detached existentialist ennui.

Flash.

Give me rampant intellectualism as a coping mechanism." ~Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palaniuk


"Special effects can go a long way to lighten a mood, and it's not as if this is a real house. What's burning down is re-creation of a period revival house patterned after a copy of a copy of a copy of a mock-Tudor big manor house. It's a hundred generations removed from anything original, but the truth is aren't we all?" ~Chuck again.

Actually, I don't think I could ever say goodbye to Virginia Woolf, that is. She's too brilliant and I love her too much. Favorites never die.
Today was great, saw Angela Davis speak. She said the same things as Ward Churchill except she wasn't on the defense and she was a lot easier to understand. I think that is important in any type of theory you are trying to bring across to the masses: understandability. It creates waves when EVERYONE is intended to understand what you are saying and when you intend on NOT excluding anyone. Academia can be so isolated sometimes and Davis did a great job bringing everyone together tonight.

PS Chuck is great.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.