Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Monday, April 11, 2005

With thesis scupture on wall in background

Yes, ya'll I finally partied and celebrated the end of my undergraduate thesis work! "Strange!" you might exclaim as you look at the above picture, "it looks like Mercedes is WEARING rough drafts of her thesis as a dress and cape" In that exclaimation, you would in fact be quite correct! A+ to you! And many thanks to all of the people who contributed minorly and majorly to my completion of this consuming monstrosity of a project. Your words of encouragement, gifts and music truly did it for me. Your love makes me cry!!! And thanks, of course to the people who contributed to the making of this dress...namely Jessie K, Carrie, and the good ol' Nan Goodman who marked up these rough drafts that I'm sporting here.
Perhaps now it may be needless to say, that the party was a sucess...I had a blast and the whole event was extremely cathartic. I treasure all of the people who graciously brought gifts and words of congratulations to me. It was quite overwhelming, like a birthday but even more complimentary!!! Thank you all!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:47 AM, April 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so happy that yer done! You are so awesome and I want to read it. The whole 70 pages! Are you ready to party it up now cause we got some major things to do.. like GRADUATION... and then there's the little stuff like comedy works next week and going out with Kristin and other people too! AWESOME <~but not as awesome as you.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, April 12, 2005, Blogger Jessie K. said…

    yeah!!! par-tay!!! woohoO!!! and we still need to watch movies!!! oy vey!!!! mercedes, you are the awesomest!!!! (and very fabulous too ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.