Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Friday, May 20, 2005

You're wearing a jean skirt, Mercedes, and I think it makes a statement!" ~Kristin Coffman, old roommate

UMC Fountain
The Illustrious UMC Fountain, Boulder, CO

Mama said there would be days like this, so here is the description of a random day last week en la vida de Mercedes. It was so hectic, busy, and fast paced I found myself not even realizing I was runnin' from place to place...Especially on this particular Tuesday.

It all began on Tuesday morning, when Christian paid my house a visit. I did an overnight the previous evening, so I was sleeping late, but I got up immediately knowing that they day would be jam-packed with social activity. Nick, my ex boyfriend who moved to Boston, was in town and wanted to see me for the first time since we broke up. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous, but with the help of a random morning visitor by the name of Christian, I called Nick and set up a lunch date.

It was very good seeing Nick, he is always a barrel of laughs and more. So that excursion went well despite my prior doubts. After I left him, I got a random phone-call from a CU campus number--it was my friend Simeon, who I met through my favorite yoga instructor in the world, Mahmoud. Here is the extent of our phone conversation:
Simeon: Hello, hello.
Me....: Hi!
Simeon: Hellooo.
Me....: Hi, um, is this Simeon? WOW!
Simeon: Yes, how are you? What are you up to?
Me....: I'm driving back to Boulder, almost there, why?
Simeon: Well, I'm about to do a session of yoga and I just wanted to dedicate it to you.
Me....: Oh! Have a great time then, where are you doing it?
Simeon: I'm on campus, why, are you close to campus?
Me....: Yes I am, and I have my yoga mat with me.
Simeon: Really! You should meet me here!!
Me....: Ok, but I'm in a skirt!
Simeon: That's ok, you can still do yoga.
Me....: I dunno about that, where do you want to meet?
Simeon: Well, I'm at the UMC.
Me....: SIM!! Let's meet at the UMC FOUNTAIN and RUN THROUGH IT!
Simeon: OH YEAH! See you there soon!
Me....: Simeon, wait, HEY! Do you think we could do yoga in the fountain?
Simeon: Oh, wow, yes, let's do it in the fountain!!!!

So I found a pair of yoga pants in my trunk, parked and ran to the fountain sans cell phone, sans purse, sans watch...and I saw Simeon undressing by the fountain...

The craziness that ensued after that is, well, unmentionable...and it all happened in public, on campus, in the beautiful 80 degree weather, with the sun at a perfect, warm angle above the flatirons. I was soaking wet afterward. I was mostly distracted with our activities but I did notice a random photographer taking photos of us together in the fountain. We must have looked stunning.

Sim and I said our goodbyes and ran in separate directions. We looked back once through the outside corridor that runs from east to west on the north side of the UMC. He waved awkwardly as he turned back around in his slightly askew bike helmet and wet shorts. I saw him smile. I did not know it at the time, but this was the last time I would ever see Simeon.
After this madness, I decided it was time for some Bova's Frozen Custard. I bought some for the lovable Jessie K and myself, and then I dashed over to her house. She was nice enough to buy me a ticket to Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. After hanging for a bit at Jessie's an enjoying the custard and some ginger beer I rushed home to change and shower before the movie. As I hopped out of the shower, I hear voices calling for me outside of the door. I panic, then relax as I recognize the Nick, Ryan and Kristin's voices. What a surprise! I quickly dressed and exited the bathroom wearning the jean skirt mentioned in the subject of this post. Coincidentally, Nick and his best friend Ryan were going to the same midnight showing that evening and we all went together. I enjoyed it, but in small degrees and only at specific parts.

Yoda 2

Yoda was the best. Also prior to the movie the festivities and celebrations of love for Star Wars were very amusing. There were young boys fighting with light sabers at the front of the theater, people with Star Wars puppets playing with them in front of the projector, and people in costume...it was great. The actual movie, well, expectedly entertaining, but not fabulous. I forgive it because I realize money can corrupt people (i.e. George Lucas) and after you have produced masterpieces (the OLD Star Wars with my love Harry Ford...) they loom over all of the rest of your work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.